Monday, July 16, 2012

Everyone of your disappointments is your appointment with God.


I can't believe it's been one year already.

One year ago, I was way more confident. I haven't suffered all of the disappointments and the setbacks we've entailed. Just look at last year's blog... http://jannybank.blogspot.com/2011/07/running-to-jesus.html

We haven't figured anything out... everything is still. the. same. Moving without a job... is just scary. We can say that I will move soon all day long, but I want to find a place for just the two of us to live. We WILL have a place TOGETHER before Christmas. I refuse to spend the holidays apart.

I haven't really been myself lately... toooo much disappointment in short period of time. I haven't really returned any phone calls to people because basically... I just don't feel like repeating and reliving this story until I have something positive to say. Here lately, I have cried. A lot.

As a believer in Jesus Christ, I am called to live a bold, confident and overcoming life. I don't have to live under a burden of fear. I don't have to live with anxiety. Because of Jesus, fear, worry, and uncertainty are beneath me. Righteousness is God's way of doing things. When I do things His way, when I am submitted to His plan for my life, He promises success. It may not always be the way I had in mind, but ultimately, His plan is to prosper me, not to harm me, to give me a hope and a future. When I rise up in faith knowing that God is with me and for me, all doubt and fear has to leave my life. Today, I will begin to declare God's truth over my life which will set me free!

Easier said... than done.



On a more positive note... I went to visit Derrick last weekend, and we had some fun! We took sweet Bama for a swim at the lake.







Derrick and I found this awesome old building with a nice little waterfall. We walked around the property and it was just beautiful. It was a tad bit muddy from the thunderstorm the night before.













He was a very tired bear when we got home.

I came back to Decatur after the weekend to a very sweet gift from our sweet Aunt Gayle. Aren't these just the cutest kitchen towels? They are just too pretty to use!



This weekend was pretty lazy! Dustin, Louie and I went fleamarketing in Cullman.

Photo: Giant Stacky toy!

I found another matching piece to my vintage suitcase collection. I use the suitcases to put all my wedding stuff in.  As I was reorganizing my wedding stuff, I realized I haven't finished my wedding book. It was almost impossible to write in it with this pen... and this cat.



We also went to TJMaxx in Cullman, which is by far the best TJMaxx I've ever been too. I found the cutest Jessica Simpson dress and Jessica Simpson pumps.. on clearance!!




Sunday was a complete breeze... I refused to answer my phone to anyone and refused to put makeup on and go anywhere. My car never left the garage alllll weekend. Here's a picture of an example of what I did all weekend...





No comments:

Post a Comment