Thursday, July 7, 2011

Running to Jesus





If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.

I should be able to handle huge life changes by now... but nope, my life has never ceased to amaze me.  Derrick is moving to Georgia this weekend (he got the job at KIA!). I'm sitting here at work in Decatur wondering what God has planned for ME. I want an amazing job near my future husband.  I want to plan my wedding... I want...I want... I want.  I should stop shouldn't I? 

My life situations always change but my goals have managed to stay the same.  The "I want's" should sound something more like this.  I want to marry Derrick.  I want us to have amazing careers. I want one child.  *The most important goal I often neglect is maintaining my relationship with God.  I need Him in my life. I need him to help me sort through these life altering opportunities.  I must run to Jesus and look for his guidance...

When adversity attacks, the first thing I should do is run to Jesus. Don’t flake out, shut down, break rank or isolate myself from those who can help me. Run to Jesus. Remember that Jesus is the Author and Finisher of my faith. He said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). Jesus will not let me down. I can trust Him to get me through this turbulence. After I run to Jesus, I will check my heart. Go down my personal checklist and examine myself.  In times of difficulty we can’t afford to isolate ourselves. We can’t afford to run from the battle. When adversity strikes we need to run to the battle. scripture declares, “God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind” (1 Timothy 1:7).

Adversity attacks everybody, but with my faith for Jesus and these simple truths I can overcome it every time.

Remember this, God causes all things to work together for good to those that love him and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28).

No comments:

Post a Comment